PAMSA BURSARY PROGRAMME
Through PAMSA’s Process Research Unit, BSc chemical engineering graduates or students in their final year of study are able to take their studies to a Masters level thanks to the PAMSA M.Eng. Bursary Programme and PAMSA’s member companies.
Awarded to a limited number of students annually, each bursary is valued at R130,000 per year for two years of full-time study towards a M.Eng. degree at participating universities, namely Pretoria, Stellenbosch, Wits and North West.
Successful candidates gain advanced skills during their post-graduate training in specialist fields such as wood science, chemical analysis, material and energy balances, process modelling, material flow analysis and separation techniques.
Please ensure that you meet the qualifying criteria below before applying.
Applications are welcome from chemical engineering students who meet the following requirements:
- BSc. Eng. graduates and final year BSc. Eng. (chemical engineering) students interested in enrolling for M.Eng. studies in the bio-technology space of the pulp, paper and packaging industry.
- A good academic record, subject to a 60% average in your final year of study.
- Applicants should have completed their B.Sc in five years or less.
- Candidates should indicate their areas of interest, for example energy efficiency, renewable energy and biopolymers etc.
- South African citizenship an advantage.
Interviews will be held with selected candidates.
Other terms and conditions may apply.